Re: dovecot, anyone?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, mimo wrote:
I wonder if anyone would share his/her experiences of using dovecot
imap/pop server on a real mail system and maybe how it compares in
his/her opinion?

I've used the version at backports.org on a few woody systems with
Maildir storage without any major problems.

Have seen a couple of glitches where an mbox store was corrupted due
to an extra blank line inserted at the top of the mbox, but haven't
really been able to track the source of that.

Other than that, it seems to work well, and the caching speeds things
up quite a bit.  I'd certainly recommend it.

--
Andrew Veitch     mailto:ajv-debian-isp@erkle.org     http://erkle.org/