Annoying double click problem

Hi list,

After years of using debian on servers, I've finally put Sarge on my
desktop at work (last one I tried was potato when it was still new, but
it didn't do it for me).  So far I'm quite happy, the debian guys have
done a very good job with the desktop.

I have one annoying problem:  single click in X are often interpreted as
a double click.  I use KDE, and the mouse settings in kde control panel
are exactly as I've always had them in all the other distros I've used
before.

The mouse is a standard MS wheelmouse that can speak both PS2 and USB -
I have it on USB at the moment, but it behaves the same on PS2

Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Kind regards