Re: Timeout after DATA

also sprach Cristina Juliani <juliani@adm.iag.usp.br> [2005.03.30.1441 +0200]:
> I'm getting a lot of "timeout after DATA" in incoming mail.
> I suspect there may be a network problem somewhere in my internet
> connection.  Which timeout parameter can I use to raise the time
> for the other end to  send me the message?

smtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
smtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s

Thos are the three timeout values with defaults; go to the postfix
documentation for details.

Anyway, keep in mind that the problems may also be on the other
machines.

What's your mail server? I am sure some folks here would be happy to
try it out for your convenience.

> We have a Cisco Pix 520 in the path. What can I do to resolv this
> problem?

Does outgoing mail work?

`. `'`

"never try to explain computers to a layman.
 it's easier to explain sex to a virgin."
                                                    -- robert heinlein

(note, however, that virgins tend to know a lot about computers.)