Re: Postfix dnsbl and virtual domains

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:34:35 -0600
Jacob S <stormspotter@6Texans.net> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I used the tutorial from the following site to setup Postfix with
> virtual domains and a mysql backend on a server recently. But I have a
> couple questions about ways to improve the setup.
>
> http://www.workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/
>
> Currently, when I add a new user to the 'users' table in MySQL,
> Postfix creates the Maildir "user@domain.com" in /home/vmail. Is there
> a way to get Postfix to do it more like /home/vmail/domain/user for
> the Maildirs? Obviously I would need to adjust the output from
> Courier's authdaemonrc to get POP3 and IMAP to continue working, so
> any suggestions are welcome there, as well.
<snip>

Ok, I fixed this part of the problem. Using the above url as a guide, I
changed 'select_field' in /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf.
Previously it was "concat(email, '/')". Now I have it read as follows:
@maildir:=CONCAT(RIGHT(email, LENGTH(email) - LOCATE('@', email)), '/',
LEFT(email, LOCATE('@', email)-1), '/') AS email

(That should be all one line, but my mailer wraps it.) Now I just have
to make sure I mkdir the domain dir in /home/vmail, but that's not that
bad. Postfix will then mkmaildir domain/user.

> I have the following line for smtpd_recipient_restrictions in main.cf:
> permit_mynetworks,
> permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
> reject_rbl_client combined.njabl.org,
> reject_unauth_destination
>
> Is this going to prevent authenticated users from sending mail through
> my server if their ip is in one of the dnsbls? My goal is to only
> prevent the server from accepting mail from IPs in the blacklist if
> they are not authenticated.

Still working on this part though. I guess maybe I should go find a
dnsbl that has dynamic dsl IPs blocked and test it from a different
connection (the server is on a static IP dsl line).

Thanks,
Jacob