Re: Courier or Cyrus

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 10:33 -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:

> I've yet to find a good way to backup and restore cyrus mail...basically
> it's a pain to do.  Thankfully we've only ever very rarely had a need to
> restore mail.

The best way we've found to back it up is to store the mail on its own
LVM logical volume. Then we take an LVM snapshot of it and back it up
with rsync. In the cyrus wiki this is the recommended way to do it.

Hans - We run Cyrus here for a small number of users (< 50) and haven't
had any trouble with it. Previously we were running Courier-IMAP
(without a lot of hiccups) but the extra features in Cyrus were quite
appealing.

I've come across another POP3/IMAP server called Dovecot - has anyone
had good/bad experiences with it? It looks fairly good from what I can
tell.

--
James Doherty - Systems Engineer
Zeald.com - Websites That Work!