Re: Courier or Cyrus

There is also Binc IMAP, though if you already use Courier I can't think
of a reason to switch.  Maybe someone else can say more about Binc.

http://www.bincimap.org/

I can't say anything about Cyrus, because I have never used it.

I use Courier in a bunch of small implementations and one large.  It
works.  I wish it had better documentation in some places.

For larger implementations, depending upon your usage patters, things
like the filesystem will make a lot of difference.  Turn off atime and
other goofy things to lower IO wait time and such.  Be sure to have
enough memory, etc.

Good luck on your project