Re: Radius, Cisco 1600 and Windows Clients

Dear Roberto,
I've been looking those links and it seems to be just what I need...
Two questions:
1) Does it only permit to traffic http packets? (because if the user is authenticated I need to allow him to traffic all kind of Internet protocols...)
2) My routern doesn't have the "ip auth-proxy" command. It is allowed when you configure something else or I should upgrade my IOS?
>From Cisco (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_tech_note09186a0080094eb0.shtml#req)
Authentication proxy (auth-proxy), available in Cisco IOS® Software Firewall version 12.0.5.T and later...
TERRAZAS#sh ver
IOS (tm) 1600 Software (C1600-SY-M), Version 12.1(3), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Compiled Wed 05-Jul-00 10:52 by cmong
Image text-base: 0x02005000, data-base: 0x026FF050
ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
ROM: 1600 Software (C1600-RBOOT-R), Version 12.0(3)T,  RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
TERRAZAS uptime is 2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, 53 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:c1600-sy-mz.121-3.bin"
cisco 1601 (68360) processor (revision C) with 18432K/6144K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID 17068520, with hardware revision 00000002
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
1 Serial(sync/async) network interface(s)
System/IO memory with parity disabled
8192K bytes of DRAM onboard 16384K bytes of DRAM on SIMM
System running from RAM
4096K bytes of processor board PCMCIA flash (Read/Write)
Configuration register is 0x2102

Thanks for everything!!!
Agustin
Hi Agustin

I think the feature you are looking for is called "authentication proxy". It makes http sessions require a successfull
authentication on your internet router.

Please check following Cisco links with example configurations:

Auth-proxy Authentication Outbound (CBAC and NAT) Configuration
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_configuration_example09186a0080094655.shtml

Authentication Proxy Authentication Outbound - No CBAC or NAT Configuration
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_configuration_example09186a00800942fd.shtml

Regards
Roberto