Re: vpopmail+spamassassin

On Mar 4, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Antonin Karasek wrote:

Hi everybody,
does anybody know, how to setup SpamAssassin with vpopmail, qmailadmin and with user_prefs?

I need to be able to set different preferences for different users. And more - some of my users don't want to recieve SPAMs at all - so, for some users I need to delete SPAMs.

I'm solving the last issue with simscan - it can delete SPAMs - but I don't know, whether it can call spamc with "-u" option.

I suppose to use qmail-scaner - but I don't know, whether it can drop mails...

Can anybody help?

Hey there-

We used the outline followed here... it got us far enough where we could fix the rest of the stuff to get it working. I recommend storing the spamassassin userprefs in MySQL, that way you can grow your mail servers (and have backup MX's, etc.) without issue.

http://sylvestre.ledru.info/howto/howto_qmail_spamassassin.php

Hope that helps-
Eric