Re: SSL accelerators performance [was: Distributing crypto work away from apache-ssl?]

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:34:36PM +0200, sin wrote:
> Marcin Owsiany wrote:
>

> >We did consider such option, however, it does not seem to be
> >cost-effective. The only parameter that I was able to extract from the
> >marketing gibberish on web pages of producers of such cards is the
> >mysterious "ssl transactions per second". Of course "ssl transactions
> >per second" doesn't mean anything, unless provided with some additional
> >statistacal infomation, which is of course missing. From other pieces of
> >information I found on their web pages, I could figure out that the
> >number represents the number of 1024 bit block RSA encryptions per
> >second.
>
> It depends on the card manufacturer, I suppose.

Results for ANY such card would be useful, since now I barely have any
information.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216