Re: dns management

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:07:54AM -0600, Rodney Richison wrote:
> Am currently evaluating powerdns for this.
> I'd imagine, it'd be nice if one machine could push new zones etc to the
> slaves.

Take a look at the PowerDNS feature "supermaster". When a host is marked
as a supermaster, the slave server trusts the host when it sends a
notification for a zone and adds the zone if it was previously unknown.
This makes it extremely easy to add new zones because all you have to do
is add it to the primary master and the rest will follow. (Though you
would propably need to remove obsolete zones from each server
explicitly.)

I think at least the gpgsql and gmysql backends support
superslave operation.