Re: postfix logs

Tomasz Papszun wrote:

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 at 15:37:46 -0600, Rodney Richison wrote:
Am building a new server to replace one.  (Trading Redhat for Debian)

On the new machine, which is only recieving for one domain while in
testing, Logcheck is reporting that postfix has a problem looking up rbl's.
I am not running in a jail. (I still copied resolv.conf to postfix for
giggles.

You copied it to  /var/spool/postfix  (or anything configured as
queue_directory), right?

Yup.
Seems its a dns problem.  It's weird though.

On my ns1dns server, my provider is listed as the forwarder.
Lookups like this work dig @localhost 199.227.37.209.dul.dnsbl.sorbs.netvi

However, on the new debian box they don't work (nxdomain)

However, if I change the forwarder to another isp cimtel.net ns1.mbo.net This debian box works just fine.
Needless to say, I'd like my provider to be the forwarder.

Sooooooo    WTF??    :)