Re: apache & log files

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 11:19:22AM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> I personally prefer a single CustomLog file with a suitable domain
> prefix for every domain. That allows a nice grepping to extract
> information and avoid resources wasting.

yes, this works.

> For ErrorLog you can pipe to a suitable program which does the same.

but this doesn't.  unless apache has added this feature since i last looked
into this (about six months ago) the "suitable program" has no way of
separating the error logs for each virtual host, because it's just STDERR with
no vhost prefix on each line.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)