Re: network monitoring

Am Sa, den 30.10.2004 schrieb martin f krafft um 14:25:
> I would like to monitor all the nodes of a cluster, but I am rather
> pressed for time so that I cannot investigate all the options.
[...]
> So my question is: which network monitoring system would you
> recommend, given my requirements?

How big is your cluster and what do you want to monitor?

Have you already looked at Nagios? (http://www.nagios.org)

I'm currently setting up another Nagios server for a customer who will
monitor all of his systems, be it switches, router, an ordinary server
or bunch of cluster-nodes.

You'll have to write a few configuration files for all the services and
each client you want to monitor, but if all nodes in the cluster are
similar, it wont be too much work...

best regards,
  Markus
--
Markus Oswald <moswald@iirc.at>  \ Unix and Network Administration
Graz, AUSTRIA                     \ High Availability / Cluster