Proliant DL380G3, cpqasm module and fan noise

Hi all,

we just purchased Proliant DL380G3 and installed Debian Linux on this box - thanx for all the hints from this list ;-)

Now I'm trying to make this box a "silent" one. I used the kernel from
http://people.iirc.at/moswald/linux/debian/kernel-packages/proliant_dl380g03/2.4.26/
and recompiled it to enable module support.
After that i installed kernel modules cpqasm.o and cpqevt.o (and others) using the script from http://www.sk-tech.net/support/HPrpm2deb.sh.html

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
cpqasm                294848   0  (unused)
cpqevt                  7232   0  [cpqasm]

Now I have some entries in /proc:

# ls -1 /proc/cpq*
/proc/cpqfan
/proc/cpqpci
/proc/cpqpwr
/proc/cpqtemp

But when I want to retrieve information, I get nothing:

# cat /proc/cpqfan
ID     TYPE        LOCATION      STATUS  REDUNDANT FAN SPEED

Do I have to load/enable other modules or functionality in kernel or RBSU?

How can I control the fans, not "just" monitor them?

Greetings
Dirk