Re: RAID-1 to RAID-5 online migration?

Hi all,

Ummm... Bit confused here, but RAID 1 is not faster, than a single disk.
RAID one is just for 'safety' purposes. Yes, you do have 2 disks, but in an ideal world, they will both be synced with one another, and both be doing
exactly the same thing at the same time.

If you want speed, use RAID 5 or RAID 10.

Regards

Andrew