Re: Live web Chat for support and sales

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:56:58 -0300
Yves Junqueira <yves.junqueira@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know a few comercial sollutions for live web chat systems.
>
> LivePerson and PHPLive! are the ones I tried and liked.
>
> But do you guys know any free alternative, if possible one that can
> PUSH conversations to visitors?

Bribble has a free version that I like. www.bribble.com to test their
demo. Note that the free version doesn't have fancy smileys like their
demo, unfortunately.

It uses java server side and Flash client side, so it can push
conversations to visitors w/o a problem. It also allows you to customize
the background image, if you put a simple .jpg file in the right
directory.

I don't know of any good ones that use Java client side. I stopped
looking after finding all of them to be too picky about which Java VM
you're using.

HTH,
Jacob

--