Re: q re transferring mysql db from redhat to debian

--- Henrik Heil <hhml@zweipol.net> wrote:

> The record_ids will stay the same with mysqldump.
> What makes you think they will not?

Something must have made me think the auto-incremented
ids will be re-generated. My bad.

> you could set up replication to keep the databases
> in sync until you switch to the new server

This sounds really good. I wonder why I never thought
of it. (maybe because i've never tried mysql
replication)

I'm going to try this on a test machine now and see
how stable it is. Thanks for the idea!

Shannon