Re: backup DNS question

> We have:
> ns1.lctc.org
> ns2.lctc.org
>
> ns2.lctc.org is (aparently) down. It is in a locked and alarmed
building.

> How is this effecting users of our DNS?

This shouldn't affect them... that is the idea of having a minimum of 2
DNS servers, so that in the event one failed, the other will continue
operating.

Of course, there is broken software out there that will not query the 2nd
DNS server, but that is pretty rare, as most people will be using their
ISP's nameservers, and they are usually not broken.

Hope that helps!

Jas