Re: max requests a celeron web server can handle

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 11:38:24AM +0200, emilio brambilla wrote:
>hello,
>
>Volker Tanger wrote:
>>If you're looking for a high-performance webserver mainly for static
>>files, others than apache could be quite interesting for you,
>>especially thttpd, mathopd and Zeus - see
>>	http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/benchmarks.html
>
>also note that apache 2.0 is much better on the performance side than
>apache 1.3 (and that's why in kernel 2.6 there is no more khttpd feature!)

I just wanted to throw out that the boa webserver might give the highest
performance for this setup, it only does one domain per ip however; it
does cgi and it may well be the easiest of all to setup. I don't know
how it compares to apache 2.0, if that's available.

// George

--
George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/  cell:646-331-2027  mailto:george@galis.org