Re: RaiserFS via NFS

Am 2004-04-17 23:29:56, schrieb Dan MacNeil:

>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Michelle Konzack wrote in part:
>
>>But use a self-compiled Linux with nfs and nfsd compiled WITH
>>"TCP" and "v3" support.
>
>>if you mount your server add "nfsvers=3,tcp" to it otherwise it
>>will use UDP which is realy not good.
>
>Why? from my (maybe wrong?) reading of the docs, the advantage of TCP is
>that it is hard to spoof given that it is connection oriented.

But with UDP you no Error-Correction !
The quality of the connection increase with TCP.
(own experience specialy for large files)

>I plan to run NFS on a completely internal network and configure iptables
>to drop packets from outside the network. The NFS server will not be
>connected to the outside world and the application servers will have 2

My NFS works like yours too.

>NICs one for the internal Gb/sec 10.0.0.* network and one for the outside
>world.

>Am I right in that nobody on the list knows whether or not any advantage
>to running raiserFS is swallowed by NFS?

RaiserFs is a realy fast filesystem for very much smal files....

Greetings
Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/