Re: Lucent WaveLAN 60 MBit ?

Am 2004-02-28 18:35:09, schrieb Arnt Karlsen:
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:54:39 +0100,
>Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote in message
><[🔎] 20040228125439.GH2809@freenet.de>:

>> Curently I am usin a Lucent ORINOCO with three "Cental Outdoor Router"
>> COR-1100 and each COR has six "Remote Outdoor Router" ROR 1100.
>
>..I dunno this gear, url to it?

It WAS 'Lucent', then 'Agere' and now 'Proxim'. The name has changed
but the Product is the same: now MP-1100 or somthing like this

>> The Speed is effectiv around 7MBit per channel so I have in summary
>> 21MBit.
>
>..sounds about right, I see 3-4 Mbps off a 11Mbps link at 1 km here.

Ar me to. I am in Strasbourg and the distance between the COR-1100 and
ROR-1100 is up to 600 Meters. And between the ROR-1100 and the Clients
up to 500 Meters.

>> This System works perfectly !!!
>> It supports traffic counting and shaping (64/128/256/512kBit)
>
>..play with http://fmb.no/ipcop/setup-cbq-0.0.5.tar.bz2 ,  it does the
>throttling for my isp business client.

I will try it.

>> Because I am awaiting a bigger damages I do not like to stay in
>> France... I prefer my Originating contry Iran or where my friends
>> life: Afghanistan.
>
>..huh?  _Was_ this message meant as a post  to the list?

I have gotten some contacts to do ISP-Business...

But there is curently an connectivity problem !
Need Sky-DSL with 25-50 MBit  :-/

<http://www.lucent.com/>

>..trivial, my isp runs his business for a similar scale wifi net on 2
>locations, I deliver the "impossible" linux boxes,  for throttling, he

;-)

>uses a Duron 1.2G cpu with 128MB ram, no appreciable load.

Interesting...

>..for authentication, poptop is weak but works for all os'es with
>minimum user support.  Also consider setting up a debian woody (or
>sarge) mirror, this will help build a strong paying clientele base, and

Already done... Same for OpenOffice and some others...
It is running a Duron 500 with a 3Ware 4-Channel Raid-5 (4x 120 GBytes)

>is a neat way of combatting software piracy, SCO and Microsoft.  ;-)

Thats right...

>> The Lucent ORINOCO COR-1100 supports only 32 clients Win/Mac or 16
>> ROR- 1100, which mean, I can not use ONE COR-1100 to support Access to
>> Linux or DOS Clients.
>
>..huh???  Url?  That sounds like some _serious_ junk.  The cheapest
>junk ever used here, was some Zyxtel bridges that could only support
>255 simultaneous ip connections, the 256'th connection rebooted the
>damned thing, was solved with 255 authenticated and trottled poptop
>tunnels.  ;-)

It is written in the Original Manuals from Lucent...

Oh yes, curently I am Buying some uses Lucent ORINOCO AP-1000.
To get the COR-1100 and ROR-1100 you need only a special-Software
for which I have the Licences... (NEW-Price is around 1200 Euro in
Germany and I can get it used for around 140-200 Euro each)

Greetings
Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/