Re: apache uses 100 % cpu

Regarding that mail filtering message, that seems to have come from some
third party who reads the list.  I guess it is not mailing list aware.

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 15:14, Marty Landman wrote:
> Jeff, do you think that the apps are trying to flock the file? I'm curious
> what the app level issue is and how it could be done properly -- being more
> of a developer than sysadmin.

No, If apache were trying to flock the file, the strace output would
indicate that by showing an flock(2) system call in progress.

> How do you find the stability of Apache mod_perl?

We do not let our customers use mod_perl on shared servers, as there are
way too many things they could fuck up.  In all my experiences, mod_perl
is quite stable when administered by competiant folks and when running
relatively sane code.  I certainly choose mod_perl over PHP for any web
application development that I do.

--
Jeff S Wheeler