RE: How do you deploy a new system ?

--Monday, February 23, 2004 12:56:16 +0100 "Kaiser, Michael (ZIBP)"
<Michael.Kaiser2@hdi.de>:

> Hi
>
>> We just boot our new machines remotely and are done within seconds.
>> It's not too flexible compared with FAI, but installation and
>> maintenance
>> is _much_  simpler.
>
> as long as m23 is not capable of detecting and using hardware raid devices,
> it is far from being adopted as a viable alternative to fai or even
> systemimager. m23's webbased gui is neat and a step towards enterprise
> adoption but as long as it lacks enterprise hardware support, it won't get too
> much attention. Don't get me wrong, I really LIKE m23, but systemimager and
> especially FAI are far more advanced. At least technically.

Admitted, FAI is far more advanced & flexible but for our needs it's
unfortunatly in the same amount too complex to handle.
We have no problems with m23 and RAID hradware (at least with 3ware) but you
have to build your own kernel.

Cheers, Marcel