RE: How do you deploy a new system ?

I would deploy debian on more desktops, but the hardware detections is
just not up to par compared to fedora 1.
only 1 in 4 does it successfuly detects and configures x.
I would like to replace my 140 boxes of redhat with debian, but the
hardware detection configuration is just not as good.
Systemimager works great for loading master images, but it still requires
hardware detection on the bootup, as the machine differ.

Works great on my backend servers.
I am slowly migrating all of my redhat 7.x 9.x FC1 boxes to debian.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman