Re: How do you deploy a new system ?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:00:26 -0600, Rich Puhek <rpuhek@etnsystems.com>
wrote:
>One little quibble/question about this: should issues like this be
>reported to the Debian maintainer, or just reported to whoever created
>the software in the first place?

I am not in a position to judge if a bug has been introduced by the
Debian packaging. Interfacing with upstream is the maintainer's job.

Additionaly, the maintainer usually knows his package pretty well, so
if he says "this is not a bug, do foo and be happy", I will accept his
judgement. This will improve Debian's relations with upstream by
keeping their work load down.

Greetings
Marc