Re: Starting isp and going to use Debian

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:38:47PM -0600, Jose Alberto wrote:

>  Plus, it may be good to have reiserfs and some sort of volume
> management layer (ie. LVM) preferably on hardware raid, to quickly

Strange as it sounds, but I've noticed that LVM (kernel 2.4.22)
also increased performance wrt reading.

> increase (and maybe decrease?) storage on the boxes if needed, as well

Well, to use LVM for this purpose, one should choice file system
carefully as not all of them are shirnkable or expandable, not
especially while they are mounted.

> as as for allowing online hotswapping of damaged hard disks. This will
> increase the time the service goes uninterrupted and may even aid in
> structuring some service level agreements with your clients.

Indeed, we've got "cheap" customers and "precious" ones
who stay on the mirrored volumes :)

bit,
adam

--
Am I a cleric?     | 1024D/37B8D989
Or maybe a sinner? | 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622