Re: Debian and SAN support

--On Tuesday, February 10, 2004 21:22 +0100 "J.J. van Gorkum" <job@knowzone.org> wrote:
Yes, a big one : NFS is non-atomic in it's writing...

A write action to the (NFS) disk can be interrupted (normal behaviour in
the NFS world). So when the software (even the disk driver) reports that
the data is written to the disk there is a possibilitiy that this is not
true....

That said we run about ten thousand web sites like this and rarely, if ever, have a problem. We have more problems with the caching of the inode status information and such producing incoherency than actual data incoherency.

--
Michael Loftis
Modwest Sr. Systems Administrator