Re: Fwd: Inconsistency in bonnie++ results for repeated runs

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:58, wagnerc@plebeian.com (Chris Wagner) wrote:
> without extensive trial and error testing.  Russell you might want to make
> a super debug version of Bonnie that gathers statistics from each step in
> the pipeline from the application to the platter.  I would look very

The experimental version of Bonnie++ (1.9x) displays the worst-case latencies
of all operations.  It might shed some light on these issues.  If your
suspicion is correct then a large part of the performance loss would be on a
few operations (maybe even a single operation), in which case the latency
reported by 1.9x would be extreme.