Re: How do you manage Perl modules?

I'm in similar situation, last night I installed spamassassin & razor from
backports.org. It seems to be working ok....

Fortunately for me, I don't have to worry about being forward compatible
with an existing Bayes db.

For you a (maybe painful) alternative to going to unstable is to discard
your older Bayes and automatic whitelist files.

Another alternative is to dump at least your whitelist to text, and then
script an import....

btw, the first time you ran sa-learn did you get an error?

something like like:

	"whatsits_foo.a not in @INC --needed for Digest::SHA1"

I tried to make the problem go away with apt-get but got something like:

	"blah is already the current version"

I succeeded in making the problem go away w/

	/usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e install Digest::SHA1