Mapping a netwok

hi,
Consider you have a network that you know nothing about. if you have
traceroute results to and from many hosts, theoretically and map could
be drawn to visuallise the network using common intersections. I need
a map, and if possible a report on each machine.
All i want to give the software is the IP's of the machines.
If packets go through IP's i did not include in my list, I also want
to know about them.
Looked around but found but didn't really find anything helpfull.
Help appreciated, thanks