Re: Rotating mail.log

Sam Watkins wrote:
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 02:42:36PM +0000, Antony Gelberg wrote:

My server just ran out of space due to mail.log and mail.info getting massive. I have run syslogd-listfiles --weekly, and both files are listed in the output. Any ideas on how I can debug this? (Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.)

check this out if you want to rotate your mail logs daily:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2004/05/msg00136.htmlo

Thanks for replying. The above link, as far as I can see, relates to conflict between syslogd and logrotate, in a situation where one wants to change the rotation interval. I would be happy with mail.log et al being rotated weekly as per default, but even that doesn't work.

nuts:/var/log# syslogd-listfiles --weekly
/var/log/mail.log
/var/log/daemon.log
/var/log/messages
/var/log/lpr.log