HP Colorado 14GBe Drive problems

I don't know if you are the right person to ask. But I have a problem with my HP Colorado 14GBe Tape Drive. When I try to backup or restore I get the following error message:

  "The bakup device reported unrecoverable hardware error. Insert another media to continue."

After I install another tape I get the same error message.

Earlier I got the following error message:

"The bakup device reported unrecoverable hardware error. Ref 07-12-23-01-1502.

Can you help or suggest who can?

Thank you,

Ed Benisek