From: David Zejda [mailto:dvid@atlas.cz]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 November 2004 9:46 a.m.
To: Debian ISP
Subject: e2fs unstable on powerdown

Hi!
I'm facing severe problems with e2fs on low-volume server with Postfix
and NSD running. Every time the power goes off, the / is mounted ro
(which is meaningful) and is a bit corrupted (10-20 files with 0 size,
bad owners, completely lost etc.). I know, the best solution would be to
buy the UPS, but is a such unstability common? I wouldn't be surprised
in case of Raiser with cache enabled, but ext2 is known as a relative
stable fs. Should I tune something or is the UPS the only way? Thanks
for hints!

With regards
David