Re: Updated Debian boot-floppies for Proliant

Hello,

Craig Sanders a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 01:51:00PM +0200, Emmanuel Halbwachs wrote:
Take a look at http://www.sk-tech.net/support/HPrpm2deb.sh.html
It worked straightforward for me.

This script fetches the RPM for RedHat on HP's FTP site, does alien,
adapts some things for debian and eventually gaves debs.

anyone know if this has been updated for kernel 2.6.x?

Well, my 2 cents :

The script above uses those HP drivers :

  hpasm-7.0.0-21.rhel21.i386.rpm
  cmastor-7.0.0-16.linux.i386.rpm

Obviously, the hpasm is for RHEL 2.1.

On Compaq's FTP site ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/linux/,
the latests equivalents are :

  hpasm-7.1.1b-95.rhel3.i386.rpm
  cmastor-7.1.0-12.linux.i386.rpm

Then, the hpasm is for RHEL 3.
As I do know nothing about RH, I have no idea which kernel is used on
RHEL 3... Google says me 2.4.21.

I don't know if HP has certified its health driver for 2.6.

Doesn't help much, sorry,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs              Labo. de Photonique et Nanostructures
tel      : (+33)1 69 63 61 34                             CNRS UPR 20