Re: Looking for a network sniffer that collects a used-ports list to help preparing a portfilter firewall script

First, read out aloud the first line of my signature, then read the
Debian list policy, then verify the Mail-Followup-To header of my
posts, and then do not CC anyone again unless requested.

also sprach Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org> [2004.11.13.1228 +0100]:
> fetches data on Port 12345 but it would be easier if I would catch
> that information and could ask him about this port. So it's just
> meant as a help.

With a properly configured firewall, you'll catch this information
too. Do you think that your super-customer will have a clue what
ports are used by what? Then you end up opening one port too many
and the trojan horse is in.

But you do as you want/need. I would impose such things on my
customers since they purchase managed security with our services.
They purchase security because they themselves are incapable. Thus,
I would not open up an alley for them to err.

`. `'`