Re: exim or postfix

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:12:10PM -0500, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 17:04, Craig Sanders wrote:
>
> >   22256 Bad HELO
>
> wow.

most of them being spammers trying to use my IP address or a bogus domain name
in the HELO/EHLO string.  and most of them from Korea.

most of them were also to non-existent recipients (it's just that the HELO
check rules were triggered first) - i expect i pissed off a few spammers over
the last 10 years or so that i've had my domain, and they've retaliated by
adding many thousands of bogus @taz.net.au addresses to their spam lists, which
get swapped with or sold to other spammers.  once an address gets on a spam
list, it never gets off, it just gets added to more and more spam lists.
regardless of whether it exists, or even whether it ever existed.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)