Re: exim or postfix

On Saturday 06 November 2004 22:19, Rodney Richison wrote:
Are most of you using exim or postfix?  Just curious.  I've never tried
exim.

i use postfix/courier-imap,pop3/maildrop/sqwebmail with amavisd-new, clamav, spamassasin, razor and pyzor. mysql is my userdatabase and postfixadmin my webfrontend. postfix is very well suppotet and has lots of features. there is many 3d party software out there and it has a very modern achitecture. also there are many how-tos out there what can be very helpful ;)
eg: http://www.xmission.com/~jmcrc/spamfilter20041003.html

exim is somehow more basic. maby it's a little faster but has not as many features as postfix has.

greetings florian engelmann

neither.  courier-mta.  just starting to have some production experience,
and so far i like it quite a bit.

i chose it because it has everything integrated: pop3, esmtp, pop3-ssl,
emstp-ssl, esmtp-msa, imap, webmail, and mailing list mgr, etc.  Plus it's
GPL'd.

so far, the only thing i haven't been able to do is setup a per-user
preference for rejecting email based on the other server's HELO response.
but i'm not going to do that anyway--too much work to maintain the good
domains (load balancerers), plus it violates an RFC.

regards,

mark