RFC 1035 - FQDM maximum char length for a domainname

Hello,

I read RFC 1035 and would like to know what the maximum char value
for a domainname is.

It concerns to a limit of 255 octals while one octal is equal
3 bit but there's not within google to find out how many letters
are possible in theory concerning 255 octals and computer network's.

--
Best Regards, Mark.
"Hello, I am brand new to meditation, and I have a frustrating habit of falling asleep in class. I don't know how to stop this. When my teacher tells us to relax our bodies and focus on breathing, my body relaxes, but so does my brain."