Re: Why are company's not certifying Debian?

> the server you buy, is herein "blessed/certified to work with debian"
>         - see the incompatibility list as what was previously
>         posted for what is known NOT to work

Hi Alvin,

joking apart. :-) .. really what I meant was once I tried to install
Debian Woody on an HP server and it was unable to do so ... meaning...
it did not have the SCSI controller driver to install the OS on the
HDD. However, with Red Hat, I was able to download an RPM which
contained the SCSI drivers for it load at startup.

In the same way right now I was hoping to buy this server and use the
built in features like Hardware RAID and Mobile / pager notification
when disk fails.

Will these features be supported? I have not had a look at this
hardware and thus can't try it out. I need to find out as much
information about it from forums and websites before I place the
order.

Anyway I'm considering trashing the idea of hardware RAID and go for
an Assembled 1 U Rack Server with two 80 GB IDE hard disks. On which I
Will use the second disk for backups.

Thanks for the help though.

Regards
--