Re: nscd: Was Re: long delays with LDAP nss/pam

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au> [2004.10.27.1007 +0200]:
> > Is there any reason why nscd should not be installed on a system?
>
> It's often a pain to use if you make frequent changes? It's got
> a weird caching policy that I can't seem to control the way
> I interpret it?

It causes security headaches as well, because you never know when it got a
stale cache?

If you don't need it, don't use it.  The same goes for lwresd, and other
caches.  Although lwresd at least expires things in a predictable way (i.e.
it follows the DNS caching times).

  Henrique Holschuh