Re: long delays with LDAP nss/pam

martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au> [2004.10.27.0955 +0200]:

nscd stopped running?

No, I think I verified that in all cases.

Either that or your LDAP Indexes need tweaking.

Does anyone have a good set I could use as a basis. I am completely
new to LDAP...

my advice would be to check the "new group" you just added last week and see if there are attributes in any of those entries which are not indexed -- as a general rule of thumb, I think it's advisable to attach an index to just about every attribute that you might ever use when looking someone/something up -- here's what we've got:

# Indexing options
index default eq
index uid
index sn
index gidNumber
index uidNumber
index gecos
index loginshell
index homeDirectory
index cn
index mail
index objectClass eq

and (depending on your version of openldap) don't forget to stop the directory, run slapindex and then restart after any changes you may make to your index options

	good luck,
		~c