svc: warning: unable to control vpopmail: file does not exist vpopmail (dt)

Hi,

I'm trying to run vpopmail in a my debian box. I installed qmail and it works great, but
when I start the pop server I see the following:

maria:/# /etc/init.d/vpopmail start
Starting vpopmail pop3 server: svc: warning: unable to control vpopmail: file does not
exist vpopmail (dt).

I've been googling and similar errors are always referred to a file but I can´t understand
what is the problem in this case.

I'll appreciate any comment. Thanks in advance,

Agustin