Re: why multicasting is working?

Mike Mestnik wrote:

I'm not an expert on MC, but I'd think 224.0.0.1 would be routed to your
default route.  Then the pkt would get multicasted and you would receve
multiple responces.
Yes, but I received responces from the systems where multicasting disabled in the kernel.

IIRC kernel level MC support is only for if you want to be on Mbone, not
if you want to use it as a client/server.

But the option called "IP: multicasting" and help:

This is code for addressing several networked computers at once,
enlarging your kernel by about 2 KB...

And Mbone is the standard network, that supports multicasting (routers, computers...). As I understand, there is no special support for Mbone, this is support for Multicasting.

Best regards,
Oleg.