Re: Documentation of big "mail systems"?

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> So, now we would like Russel to explain why he does not like SAN.

He probably doesn't advocate using SAN instead of local disks if you do not
have a good reason to use SAN.  If that's it, I *do* agree with him.  Don't
use SANs just for the heck of it.  Even external JBOD enclosures are a bad
idea if you don't need them.

But not using a SAN that is already available at a datacenter where all
disks are consolidated into large redundant FC SANs, well, that would be
silly IMHO.  Diskless machines are, if anything, much faster to replace
with a spare one when you need to get them serviced :)

  Henrique Holschuh