Re: Updated Debian boot-floppies for Proliant

Matt,
I was talking to you a few months ago about setting up a big system:
We finally got our systems,
and I  succesfully Installed Debian Woody on:
HP Proliant
2  DL 380-g3
Will do this tommorrow:
and a MLA1000 1.2Terabyte fiber san.
Using your wonderful iso image, I was able to install debian easily.
I have not yet tried installing on the DL 320's.
It works perfectly on the 380's and 360's.
It see's the hardware raid controller and attached raided disks, and the
tg3 integrated network cards.

Your boot floppy site designed to install on pretty much all the hardware
out there:
http://people.debian.org/~taggart/boot-floppies/

Thanks a LOT!

I tried a couple other installs including CD 5 of debian woody, but
nothing else worked.
I tried about 5 other custom installs that indicated they would work on
this, but they did not work.
The next step is getting the hp monitoring tools working on debian.

--Luke

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman