Re: Spamassassin only scanning mails for local users

--Tuesday, October 05, 2004 14:02:17 +0200 martin f krafft
<madduck@debian.org>:

> also sprach Marcel Hicking <marcel@hichac.de> [2004.10.05.1123
> +0200]:
>> What does "better" mean? Faster? More flexible? Easier to
>> use/extend? Just curious.
>
> Having talked to Sven Mueller about this, he said that "one reason
> why I prefer spampd over amavisd-new is the better header tagging
> spampd provides. Amavisd-new is still used, but only for virus
> scanning."
>
> I am not sure what he means, nor have I tried spampd. However, if
> you do, I am sure many here would be interested to hear your
> impressions.

Although we are constantly tuning our mail systems this would
somewhat introduce a major change and requires proper planing
of a test suite etc. Currently schedule is tight (has it ever
been relaxed? ;-) but when we get to it I'll be happry to
report some results.

Cheers, Marcel