Poptop and shorewall

I'm attempting to set up a poptop VPN server, on a system acting as a
NAT firewall (running shorewall). The idea is, of course, to allow systems logging into the
VPN access to the network behind the firewall.

There's lots of documentation on how to do this (especially helpfull was
http://shorewall.net/PPTP.htm), and with some tweaking,
the default debian poptop configuration is working mostly right. A
windows 2000 client can log in, and ping hosts inside the private
network. However, VPN clients cannot ping each other. I can't figure out
if this is the intended behaviour of poptop, or a deficiency of my
shorewall configuration. I've included copies of relevant config files
below. Any insight anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

(As an aside, I'm aware that my VPN connections are unencrypted. For my
application, that isn't important.)

Thanks, Philip Bock

/etc/pptpd.conf:
----------------

speed 115200

option /etc/ppp/pptpd-options

localip 192.168.1.100
remoteip 192.168.1.101-110

/etc/ppp/pptp-options:
----------------------

chap-secrets
name rama
domain flamewars.org

auth

netmask 255.255.255.0

nodefaultroute
proxyarp
lock

/etc/shorewall/zones:
---------------------

#ZONE   DISPLAY         COMMENTS
net     Net             Internet
loc     Local           Local networks
dmz     DMZ             Demilitarized zone
vpn     VPN             PPTP Virtual Private Network

/etc/shorewall/interfaces:
--------------------------

#ZONE    INTERFACE      BROADCAST       OPTIONS
net      eth0           detect          dhcp,norfc1918
loc      eth1           detect
vpn      ppp+           detect

/etc/shorewall/tunnels:
-----------------------

# TYPE                  ZONE    GATEWAY         GATEWAY
#                                               ZONE
pptpserver              net

/etc/shorewall/policy:
----------------------

#SOURCE         DEST            POLICY          LOG
#                                               LEVEL
loc             net             ACCEPT
fw              net             ACCEPT

loc             fw              ACCEPT
fw              loc             ACCEPT

fw              vpn             ACCEPT
vpn             fw              ACCEPT

loc             vpn             ACCEPT
vpn             loc             ACCEPT

net             all             DROP            info
#
# THE FOLLOWING POLICY MUST BE LAST
#
all             all             REJECT          info