Re: High volume mail handling architecture

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 09:49:27AM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> So, that's my plea to everybody with big mail installations: make your
> frontend machines aware of what mail they are supposed to accept, so that
> you never need to bounce. (Ok, some cases will still bounce: disk full,
> procmail script errors etc., but these are a very small proportion.) And
> the other plea is, of course, get rid of qmail and other products which

Or, alternatively, patch qmail with a patch like this one:

  http://www3.sympatico.ca/humungusfungus/code/validrcptto.html

Mind you, this patch will remove some of qmail's functionality (e-mail to
xxx-anthing@ will not work anymore if xxx@ is a defined e-mail address). But
it's definitely worth it :)

Bye for now,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(  "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much  )-
Virtual hosting -(  the same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."   )-