Re: High volume mail handling architecture

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> On behalf of all joe-job victims: Whatever you do, *please* do it in a way
> that allows you to know whether mail is going to be delivered at the
> front-end incoming SMTP server. (should be trivial if your user database is
> in LDAP or some SQL db or whatever.)

On behalf of the lurkers here who are not experienced admins (am I the
only one?), could someone elaborate a little more on the above?

What I think I know is that a joe job is when somebody gets mail that
looks like it came  from, for example me, but it really didn't.

Is the point of the statement above that all mail must be delivered via
the SMTP server, and then features built into it (disabling of anonymous
relaying??) will prevent joe-jobs?

thanks,
Randy Kramer