Re[2]: High volume mail handling architecture

Hello Maykel,

Thursday, September 9, 2004, 15:59:02, you wrote:

MM> Could you send your regexes, 90% of viruses stopped by regexes sounds
MM> interesting.

In fact most of them are stopped by general regexps rejecting some
dangerous attachments, so only those with .exe and .zip (which I can't
block because my users need it) have chance to come in... It also
stops attachments with multiple extensions (for example .doc.pif). I
know it can potentially stop some legitimate mail, but the sender will
know the reason for being rejected (if they will read it) so they can
change it. I have seen some people sending .doc.lnk instead of word
document :)

I hope the attachments are allowed here...

add this to your /etc/postfix/main.cf:

body_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/checks-extensions,
              pcre:/etc/postfix/checks-virus

--
Best regards,

       .---.        .-----------
      /     \  __  /    ------        Marek 'Marki' Podmaka
    //////   ' \/ `   ---     e-mail: marki@onee.sk         (preferred)
   //// / // :    : ---               marki@marki-online.net
  // /   /  /`    '--        ICQ UIN: 42698938
 //          //..\\     mobile phone: +421 903 259949
            '//||\\`     "Love makes the world go round." (Proverb)
              ''``
... Hovoril jej, ze je dievca jeho snov. Nepovedal, ze hrozostrasnych.